We would to let you all know that we are now carrying Politic decks. These bad mamas are proudly crafted right here in the USA and are waiting to be skated. Sizes range from 7.75 – 8.5. Something for everybody.
Also since today and the rest of this weekend is supposed to shitty and rainy, we figured we would get creative and make a list of the best moustaches in skateboarding right now. This isn’t a cumulative historic list but a who’s got ’em right now list. We’ll start from #5 and make our way to #1.
5. Ernie Torres – Almost a dirt lip but enough there to not be considered pedophile-esque. Reppin’ the John Waters pencil-thin moustache hard. A bold and difficult moustache to pull off but Ernie does it well. Savor the flavor son.
4. Leo Romero – You could land a plane on the gap between these caterpillars. Is it natural or from the friction from all the ladies he’s been getting at the Travesura shows? We’ll leave that up to imagination but Mr. Romero walks the line between creepy and dignified mustache well, very well. Viva el bigote!
3. Dolan Stearns – The dude rocks overalls, has some of the best bonelesses in the game, and offers a style that is unmatched. Including a decent ‘stache that would give your local cop a run for his money. Keep it up Dolan and you’ll be looking like Salvador Dali in no time. Dolan’s even got the artwork to match.
2. Billy Marks – Billy Marks or Burt Reynolds? This thing’s got character, power, and the ability to make married women single. On top of that, Billy Marks has thrown down some heavy tricks on some man-sized shit. His parts in Toy Machine’s “Good and Evil” and Fallen’s “Ride the Sky” are prime examples. The dude also looks like Luke Wilson.
1. Richie Jackson – You know that quote “Creativity is the greatest expression of liberty?” Pretty sure Richie Jackson lives and dies by it. One of the most creative guys in skateboarding both in style, fashion, and overall skating, no rock or bush is considered out of bounds for him. Also, if you haven’t noticed, his moustache is something short of a work of art. That’s why Richie is coveting the number one spot. And maybe those vests. And the skating. Watch the vid below.
It’s that time of the year again, kegs are being tapped, hot dogs are being grilled, and high school graduated teenagers are enjoying the only summer of their lives where they literally have nothing to worry about. In honor of this tradition, we are offering those who just graduated high school FREE GRIP with any Deck purchase. Additionally, since high school just finished, if your bring in your report card or whatever the hell they’re calling them these days, you can get up to 30% off clothing and shoes purchases. This promotion will be running until Father’s Day, which is ironically Go Skateboarding Day (June 21).
Hey I’m trying to score points with the teacher today. DON’T SCREW IT UP.
If you haven’t watched Vans ‘Propeller’ yet…well you might as well just stop reading this now and get out from the rock you’ve been living under and go watch it. It’s like 11 bucks on iTunes or you could be hardcore and get an actual DVD. Dealer’s choice. Regardless, it’s an incredible film from an incredible company. So many solid parts from some reputable names in the game. Honorable mentions? AVE, Crockett, Rowan, Grosso, Chima…the list goes on. Hopefully you have also been checking out the Raw Files on Thrasher as well. If not, here’s Andrew Allen and Elijah Berle’s Raw Files…get it together people.
We also have new Crockett Pros in and the ever classic Sk8-Hi. Get dem shits before they’re gone.
We just got in a ton of stuff from Deluxe the other day. Krooked, Anti-Hero and Real Decks along with some Thunder Trucks. We have Team editions, Hollows, and Hollow Lights. Grab your Spitfire Formula Fours before we run out. They be sellin’ like hot cakes..
Sorry for not posting pictures of the decks, this was rushed.
Just in time for spring, we got in some new Lakai and Nike SB shoes. The Guymar from Lakai is definitely one you’re going to want to pick up. With a new and roomier toe cap, custom luxe-lite insole and VLK Performance sole construction, Guy Mariano’s new shoe is built to skate in and will be super sweet on the feet.
Along with the new Guymar, we have in two classics from Lakai. The comfortable Griffin and the minimalist Camby Mid.
Check out the new Janoskis from Nike SB we got in as well. New in stock is the Lunar Janoski offering ultra lightweight cushioning, enhanced grip and flexibility, and additional padded tongue for a snug fit.
Shoes are still buy a pair, get the second pair half off so stock up. Stop in, snag two pairs, and get out there. Sun’s shining…
Finally seeing some nice weather so there’s no excuse to say you can’t skate. Oh and we now have Adidas shoes in. The Busenitz and the Adi-Ease. Busenitz has a little more cushioning and padding that the Adi-Ease but that’s due to the fact that the Adi-Ease is a vulc shoe. Not saying it’s a lesser shoe but it’s a simple and clean looking shoe. Also we just got a variety of new decks in. Habitat, Deathwish, Expedition One, DGK, Almost, Enjoi and a lesser known brand called The Friend Ship Skateboards. They’re a refreshing reminder of how skateboarding is meant to be fun and carefree; promo vid on the bottom of the page featuring Nick Sommer. Online shop still a work in progress, along with the revamping of the site…
On April 25th, we will be throwing a Barbeque/Skate Demo/Game of SKATE & tons more with our friends over at Schussmeisters Ski Club. The BBQ will be taking place at the Basketball Courts behind the Ellicott Dorms at UB’s North Campus. They’re located off of Frontier Rd, parking will be available in the dorm parking lots. The Game of SKATE is limited to 18 contestants, so if you feel you’re up to the challenge sign up early! We will be giving prizes to 1st, 2nd & 3rd places. Sorry no 4th place prizes. The itinerary is located below.
Start Time: 4:30 PM
Game of SKATE Registration Time: 4:30 – 5:15 PM
Game of SKATE Start Time: 5:30 PM
Highest Ollie Contest: 6:30 PM
Longest Manny Contest: 6:45 PM
BBQ-ING ALL DAY
We’ll be selling Hot Dogs & Chocolate and all kinds of goodies for a $1 with all proceeds going to the Alix Rice Peace Park Foundation. We’re bringing the manny pads, boxes, rails & kicker for your skating pleasure. Be sure to get in on the highest ollie contest or the longest manual contest as well. Head to our facebook event page for more information. We’ll see you homies there! Bring your girlfriends…or friends that are girls.
Here’s a map incase you do not know where the Basketball courts are!
You should check out Walker Ryan’s Part “A Far Walk From Home”. Why? Cause there’s some pretty cool global spots in there and the man can switch flip and switch 360 flip over some gnarly stuff like a boss.
We’d also like to give you the inside scoop of what’s coming new to the shop. If you’ve heard of Welcome Skateboards, you’re in luck. The first thing you’ll notice about these is the deck shapes. Give a man a bandsaw and let the creativity explode. Now we won’t tell you which ones we having coming in but we can tell you that a have a good amount ordered. We suggest you go over and check out the shape guide here. The Time Traveler, Nimbus 3000 and Squidbeak are some of our favorites. The team’s skating is definitely unorthodox but there aren’t guidelines in skating so have at it. Pretty creative moves..
Here it is. We finally got our shit together and made an edit. Enjoy!
And for most of us, getting old sucks. You lose hair, put on some weight (maybe not if you would get off of your couch and stop watching the battle at the berrics all damn day) and have to pay more bills. But the the fun part about skating is you can always push and throw down tricks that you know by heart. Just be careful not to slam because you might actually break something. I don’t know what I’m talking about, just watch this. Ishod’s SOTY trip. It’s nawwsty.
Currently Under Construction. Excuse the Dust! Dismiss